Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Center City District Restaurant Week For Jan 08

XIX Nineteen Cafe at the Park Hyatt



Center City District Restaurant Week returns (1/27/2008 - 2/1/2008)

Well this year, the price went up.



Ruth's Chris (Kay and I)

Instead of 30$ for a 3 course meal its now $35. Nonethless, it's still a bargain.

My choices were:

XIX Nineteen at the Park Hyatt
There Grilled Spanish Baby Octopus was fantastic. Chris had the Monkfish Loin and I had the Stewed Lamb which both melted in our mouth. The dessert was ok nothing to rave about.

Ruth's Chris on Broad Street
I had the steak salad and for my main entrĂ©e the salmon. Everything was very good, except for my desert. I ordered the Bread Pudding and let’s just say it’s not how your momma would make it. It was very dry. We left a note, with her check. Bread Pudding needs improvement.

Besides that I was very pleased with both my picks this winter.
My rating 1-5, 5 being excellent: I give XIX Nineteen 4 and Ruth’s Chris 4. They both need to work on their desserts!

Next Center City District Restaurant Week will take place September 14 - 19, 2008.

To view other reviews check out the links below.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/274-01292008-1479066.html

http://www.phillyrestaurantreview.com/


No comments: