Sunday, August 24, 2008

30th Anniversary of Unity at Unity Weekend

I got so caught up with the Olympics I forgot to mention WDAS-FM's Unity Weekend. Held on the Waterfront on Saturday, August 23, 2008 and Sunday, August 24, 2008 at The Great Plaza at Penns Landing.

Note: Now I managed to get there when everything was pretty much over on Sunday (I was out of town at a convention). However, for what I did see and after interviewing couple people (Juanita) it was too crowded. In the pass Unity Day (now weekend) were usually held on the parkway. For some reason this year, it was held at Penn’s Landing. Not to speak badly about Penn’s Landing but it’s too close-in to host something like Unity Day …..sorry “Weekend”. I vote it goes back to the parkway.

Live on Stage! - Saturday(well.. to late)
Regina Belle
Rahsaan Patterson
Wilmington Chester Mass Choir
Noel Gourdin
Q
Tank
Tye Tribbett
Joe
Howard Hewett

Live on Stage- Sunday(Not to late)
KEM
Chante Moore
Enon Choir
Dwele
Eric Benet
Steve Harvey Morning Show
Bill Jolly’s Hard Drive

No comments: