Thursday, September 27, 2007

Center City Restaurant Week Review September 23-30




Old Original Bookbinders ------------Positano Coast
Positano Coast was indeed my best experience for September 2007 Restaurant Week. Great place to take someone for a romantic dinner. Specialty is Italian food. The second-floor is bright and inviting with wall murals and photographs of beautiful Southern Italy. You can sit at a table or just lounge out on comfortable sofa.

Every dish was to my pleasing, especially the Grilled Baby Seppia. Great food, beautiful surrounding you can’t wrong at Positano Coast.
O, I almost forgot that Positano Coast usually extends their Restaurant Week offer (Sunday-Sunday).

http://www.lambertis.com/locations/positano.htm

Old Original Bookbinders has a long history here in Philadelphia; however, I thought they could gave me more for the buck. Don’t get me wrong each meal was well prepared (New England Clam Chowder. Excellent) but the meals were kind of skimpy.

http://www.bookbinders.biz/

I would like to hear from you about Restaurant Week. Share your likes, dislikes, recommendation, etc…. Post your comments below.

1 comment:

BAMBA said...

Overall I enjoyed the meal as a whole though the Sweet yellow tomato gazpacho w/ shrimp appetizer was not as good as it could have been. The lambchops were a tasty main entree. The desserts were great--a chocolatey light mousse and a surprising "Risotto Carnivale" that was like a fried, rice pudding ball coated in cinnamon. Positano Coast is a must have dining experience and it was very pleasing to the eye.